Sunday, January 11, 2009

Transitioning

We went to a meeting this morning about transitioning our pre-teen from the elementary to the youth group. Let me just say it was awesome and my church as got it going on for him. But can I just say it was bitter sweet. I am trying not to rest in this panic mode. It stated that if your son is in 5th grade you have 364 weekends until he is an adult. What???? And my in is in 6th grade so that is even less. Can I say where's the panic button?? They gave us all a jar of baby food. (Note to self remove from purse) We repeated a promise to our son to stay growing in the Lord and other things by being fed in God's word. And he also repeated a promise. Can I say trickling tears. We were given some resources too. While I was reading an excerpt of one, I was trying not to be in full blown panic mode. The verse memorization I am doing (see blog below), I am going to have to find some on this as well. lol I have this vision of my bible and all these help books on raising a teenager all around me as I have passed out from be so overwhelmed.

2 comments:

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Teresa,

Sounds like you have a pretty amazing church. And I loved reading your posts about your family. Your words overflowed with the love you have for your boys.

Hang in there. Don't start stressing bout the teen years just yet. God will give you the strength to get through every hard moment, when the time comes....and not a moment sooner.

Hugs!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Right there with you, Teresa.

My oldest is 12 and it pulls at my heart HARD at how fast it's flown. :(