Friday, January 30, 2009

PEACE

Well, I did it. I quite my job that was full of negativity every day. So here I am pounding the pavement looking for a J-O-B. It feels very weird to be doing that again. I was wanting to have a better exit plan, say a job before I quite. But sitting at my desk and just seeing the joy sucked right out of me, I had to get up and get out. And so I did. Am I worried? A little in this economy. But I am so at peace and that speaks much too my heart, that it was in God's will. Believe me when I say I had tried turning the other cheek, biting my tongue, memorizing scripture, forgiving, forgiving, and doing it some more, and going out of the way to show kindness, praying for a changed heart. It's been nice being home when my son gets home. But my feet hurt pounding the pavement until 3 or 3:30 everyday. I just quit on Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday I put out resumes. I say close to 100-125 resumes. And that is down one street. So far I have had two interviews. One offer, which I turned down. Hours did not work for our family life. I keep telling myself it's only been three days not to worry. God will provide the right, perfect job for me. I am amazed at the peace he has given me so far. And how he has helped relieve the anxiety and worrying of not having a job. God is faithful!!! P.S. Whoever reads this if you wouldn't mind slipping a prayer in for me I would be so grateful. God Bless!!

2 comments:

Stacey Kay said...

I have yet to post about it, but I also quit my job. Today marks the start of week 4 of unemployment. I believe the Lord has great plans for you. Wrap yourself in His embrace and follow His direction. You are in my prayers ...

Stacey : )

mama's smitten said...

Thank you for stopping by! Your Blog name is Great! I will definately keep you in my prayers. I'be back for sure!