Saturday, December 6, 2008

In My Generation

Serving God in my generation..... Thats what my quiet time with Lord focused on.

16.
your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17.
How precious to(or concerning) me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18.
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.

God thinks of you and of me daily. This is something that has messed with me over and over. Viewing God as all knowing therefore he dosen't think. But man on man does he think of us.
The day by day stuff, the season by season, they are all a part of the plan God uses to fullfill his purpose in me and in you. From the verse above, before I knew to love God in response while in my mothers womb, when I brought nothing into the mix, he loved me and had great plans for his glory.

36.
"For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed.

God has a plan for each of us. Everything is perfectly timed by God. (Acts 17:26) My time on earth is set by God. And my works were chosen and set by him too. Its hard being a Christian in the now. To be in the world as a christian and not to let the things of the world stick and keep me off balance. That's were the insecurities start. Its hard to live in defeat, but its tougher and more fulfilling to live in victory.

God meant my life on earth to matter. The purpose in my life exceeds the pain. Nothing is allowed to enter my life and touch me with out God's permissive will that does not have some bearing on HIS purpose for me. It makes all the good, bad, and the ugly pieces fit all together. It takes the stronghold of insignificance down a few notches.

I pray that God fulfills his plan in me. And removes from me what is not his will. Glory to God!!!

No comments: