Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas


My husband bought a compound bow for our son he was so psyched.




My son bought his dad a wallet which he wanted to know why it was empty????
And I wrapped a bone in a piece of tissue paper. The pup went nutz!!
(There is a reason there is not a picture of me, no makeup, and stuck my finger in a light socket
hair- I will not go there with you-lol)
Christmas was pleasant and relaxing. We had a nice time together. Didn't go all out on the cooking this year. And that was actually nice. We had the basics and few of our favorites. We actually slept until 8 a.m. My husband ended up waking our son and me up. Usually my son is up at the crack of dawn. We have always just got up when Chaz was up. Few years ago we actually got up at three in the morning and opened gifts. My husband and I went back to bed, and when we awoke we saw all our son's gifts everywhere. He had spent time doing everything. Painting, then journaling, then guitar, then this. Like a little assembly line. And then found him asleep. It is a great Christmas memory. I must say I was a little home sick for family. So we went to see Marley and Me Christmas night. Not a good movie to see when your homesick. I bawled, my son bawled. I am a dog lover anyway, I mean my shitzu is my baby. Let me just say I came home and just hugged my husband and son. And all three of us were just smothering our pup. He probably was thinking we all lost our minds. Family is a great gift from God.

1 comment:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Your Christmas sounds alot like ours. Just chilled out, which was nice. :) I'm sorry you were missing family though...

I have heard that Marley and Me was a SAD movie, so we aren't going to go see it...just not into that since I'm a huge dog lover too.

Hope your New Years is awesome!