Sunday, February 8, 2009

Amazing

A few weeks ago my pastor was talking about not missing the opportunity to do God's work. He said instead of saying I will pray for you, say can I pray for you now. So I prayed that God would bring someone to me that I could pray for. Where I used to work, is a couple so loving to each other. His wife has beaten cancer twice, but from the radiation became really sick and almost died, and then had a stroke and was coming where I worked for physical therapy. They were always so positive and encouraged me when I was dealing with so much negativity. I asked how was your weekend and he said well it sucked. Found out his wife's job was being eliminated. I was telling how he was such a good husband to her and he said my shoulders are about to break. I talked to him about church ad if he attended and invited him to mine. And when I was getting ready to leave I asked if I could pray for him. He cried and I bawled. But I prayed their in our waiting area, for their financial need and for God to let him see he hasn't forgotten them. I walked out sobbing but smiling. And the best part was that instead of bringing home the negativity of my work place I brought home the excitement for God. It was amazing!! I can't believe I forgot to tell all my blogger friends. Amazing GOD!!!

1 comment:

mama's smitten said...

That is awesome! God is GOOD!