Sunday, November 2, 2008

Seeds Planted

Today in my bible study time it asked me to reflect on family members who had the most effect on early seeds of Christian Beliefs. My childhood is not one that I like to take a stroll down memory lane. But when this weeks study is done, I am hoping I will see all the God Stops during those times. The precious memory, is when my oldest brother, went through a struggle in his life. I don't know the circumstances of it. But I do remember him crowding me my brother and many other children in his van so that he could win a bible. He wanted and desired the word of God. He cried when he won it and I saw then how emotional he became, the hurt flowing from his eyes. It was then the Lord started stirring thoughts of Him in me. It took many, many years and a battle with God before I became to love the Lord. But then as a child he was there, showing me he was real. Thank you Jesus!!!

3 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Your story of your brother wanting to win that Bible was so sweet.

How typical of God to have already ordained that from before your brothers birth even!

Mc Allen said...

awww, wow what an awesome tribute, he must be a very special man. Thank you for sharing this with us... Leah

Debbie said...

Teresa, getting to know more about you as my ornament exchange siesta sister :0) will be an interesting journey. Reading your blog it's so apparent you have such a sweet spirit towards the Lord. I pray He will richly bless your life. I also found it interesting that your son happens to be the same age as my sweet Granddaughter.
I look forward to hearing more from you.
~~Debbie